PieCrust makes creating and maintaining a website as easy as pie:
- Simple filling: it's all just text files!
- Store in the cellar: your whole website fits nicely in a revision control system.
- Bake and serve: generate a completely static website that will run with minimum resources for maximum scalability.
- Taste while you cook: preview your website instantly during authoring.
PieCrust uses all the ingredients you already like:
- Markdown and Textile for formatting.
- Twig (a Jinja/Django-like templating engine) and Mustache for writing layouts and re-usable bits of markup.
- Less, Sass and Compass for your CSS needs.
- YUICompressor for optimization.
Of course, since PieCrust supports plug-ins, any other tool can be supported!
Because PieCrust is also designed as a lightweight CMS, it can render your pages in less than a few milliseconds in most cases. It means that previewing or generating your website is super fast!
Your pages are not limited to one piece of content that you place in the center of your layout. You can define other "text segments" like a page-specific menu or sidebar text that you can insert in different places in the layout.
You're not limited to one blog either: PieCrust supports multiple blogs!
Create a page or blog post in seconds, with your favorite text editor, using a very natural syntax:
--- title: My rhubarb pie recipe category: desserts --- You're gonna *love* this one, it's so good! You need: - Pastry crust - Rhubarb - Sugar
It will be converted into typographically beautiful text automatically!